Information we collect about you
We may collect and handle personally identifiable information such as name, email address, or other contact information provided by you through our website or when you communicate with us at our office, by mail, by fax, by telephone, electronically or otherwise. We may also collect information that does not identify you.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number or other financial information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors and other third parties.
How we use the information we collect
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our websites. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit one of our websites, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for recordkeeping purposes. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to delete or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our sites. We also may include web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including (but not limited to) our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our sites. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our websites do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide requested services and products to you and communicate with you during the performance of services;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about new products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for services rendered or any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions, or as required by law. This information may be shared with our other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Storage and destruction.
In order to assist you with your forensic accounting matters, and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines, we retain records relating to the professional services we provide to you. We have rigorous physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect these records and they are accessed internally only on an "as-needed" basis. We periodically dispose of records through a certified destruction process or through shredding based upon our record retention polices.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our websites or while using our services.
We will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information may be transferred to our successor-in-interest to be used solely for the purposes for which it was collected.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
How we protect your personal information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to use our services; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by selecting the "unsubscribe" or other opt-out option in any commercial e-mail that we send to you. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements and administrative notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. The computers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for "http" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information will be protected at all times against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alterations. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No rights of third parties
How to contact us
No Rendering of Advice
The information contained within this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.
Presentation of the information via the Internet is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an accountant-client relationship. Internet subscribers, users and online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant.
Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this website is not intended to be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties under U.S. federal tax law.
Accuracy of Information
While we use reasonable efforts to furnish accurate and up-to-date information, we do not warrant that any information contained in or made available through this website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website or such other materials or communications. If you wish to contact the webmaster of this website, please call our office at 360-573-5158.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability
This website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of this website is at your own risk. We and our suppliers disclaim all warranties. Neither we nor our suppliers shall be liable for any damages of any kind with the use of this website.